If you’re deep in the trenches of new(ish) motherhood, some days can just seem like TOO MUCH. As in, will this child ever not be hanging off my boob? Will my libido ever return? Can we just go a single morning without some next-level tantrum? How long has that poo been on my pant leg?
Sure, it would be nice to have a sloppily scrawled card from our adorable offspring for Mother’s Day, but we also have some other ideas. Here are a few we gleaned from other moms this past week:
- A legitimate day off (no diapers, no refereeing, no searching for another person’s socks). A clean house. And a nap.
- A gift card from Sephora.
- This shirt.
- A solo book shopping trip. And lunch. With wine.
- Good chocolate. Lots of it.
- A Province Apothecary Organic Aromatherapy Facial.
- A haircut. A massage. Body Blitz therapeutic waters.
- Finishing an entire coffee while it’s still hot.
- Not having to make brunch for our mother-in-law.
- Steak dinner at the Keg. Followed by oral.