On March 8, we celebrate International Women’s Day. The United Nations created this day so that we can take time to remember and celebrate the many milestones marked by women’s achievements around the world that have advanced equality, justice and peace.
This week, let’s celebrate our womanhood and the womanhood of those around us!
1. Express your gratitude. Who are the women role models in your life? How have they affected your life and our society in a positive way? Take some time to appreciate these women and thank those who have had an impact on your life.
2. Love your “woman self”. Celebrate yourself as a woman. Appreciate your own “woman-ness” Are you treating yourself with love and respect? If not, what needs to change? What is one action you can take this week to feel more love and respect for yourself.
3. Take time to praise yourself. Acknowledge your own achievements. Make a list of 25 things you are very proud of.
4. Make a Contribution. Ask how you can help. Is there anywhere you can help this week? Perhaps, taking some clothes to a women’s shelter, donating money or your time to a women’s cause, writing an article about your views, helping a woman in need in some way that feels good to you.
5. Celebrate diversity. This week acknowledge womenfrom different cultures and backgrounds than you. Appreciate someone from another culture and take some time to learn about their culture and their personal uniqueness.
Weekly Empowerment Affirmation: I celebrate myself as a woman and I am thankful for all that being a woman gives me.