February is Heart month; do you know what your heart health is? Shoppers Drug Mart (our go-to for nearly everything in life,) has an online Heart Age Calculator on their website to help Canadians calculate our cardiovascular age and assess our risks.
Take the test now! You might be pleasantly surprised; my heart is younger than me.
Heart month: Did you know?
- Heart Disease is one of the leading causes of death in Canada
- Your heart may be aging faster than you. (Are you a smoker? High blood pressure? Overweight? Know your risks!)
- It’s been proven that once you know the facts about your heart health, you’re in a better position to take steps to improving your health and lifestyle. Tackle life head on!
So, what is this Heart Age Calculator?
- By asking you things like your height, age, weight, daily habits and family history, the Heart Age Calculator can calculate your cardiovascular age and assess your risk of heart attack. Check it out for yourself! Share with family and friends who you’re concerned about.
- It takes 2 minutes of your time! I enjoyed the process and it made me think about other areas of my health as I went through each question.
- It’s the only scientifically validated online tool available that provides a personalized heart age and cardiovascular risk profile as recommended by the Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines.
Things you can do right now to help improve your heart health:
- If you smoke, stop. Stop immediately! For so many reasons. (You’re way more attractive without a butt hanging from your lips.)
- Exercise regularly. You don’t need to hit a gym 4 nights a week, just make the choice to walk more often or take the stairs instead of the escalator! Little things add up and make a big difference.
- Monitor your blood pressure. (Heart issues don’t just affect middle-aged men!)
- Regulate your cholesterol levels. (We have tons of friends with high cholesterol! When was the last time you had yours checked?)
Ready to take the test? It’s not scary! Just smart. And hey, you might find out that your heart is younger than you think.
Disclosure – Although this post has been sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., the opinions and language are all my own, and in no way do they reflect the views, opinions or positions of Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. or its affiliates or licensees. Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. makes no representation as to accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information within this blog post and will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information or for any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use.