Just in time for the long weekend, the revitalized Grange Park is officially open! We’ve tested it out and can guarantee it will be a hit with your kids.
The new look includes:
- An expanded children’s play area with customized play equipment in shapes that evoke artistic creativity, such as paint palettes, paint cans and crumpled pieces of paper.
- Interactive and decorative water features.
- New park furniture.
- New washrooms.
- Over 80 new trees, including American elm, horse chestnut, beech and oak.
- Large Two Forms by Henry Moore, formerly situated at the southwest corner of McCaul and Dundas Streets, was relocated to the park.
- An expanded great lawn and pastoral grove area.
- An off-leash dog park.
If you go this Monday, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to know that the AGO will be OPEN. They’re usually closed on Mondays but have just announced that they’ll be open every holiday Monday for the rest of the year! Play them out at the park and then cool off at the gallery – it’s the perfect plan for a summer day in the city.
AGO/Grange Park is located at 317 Dundas St. W.