The Bunz Flea is just like Bunz Trading Zone–only here, the bartering happens in real life.
The seventh edition of the flea market (and first of 2018) takes place this Sunday, May 27 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Rec Room (255 Bremner Blvd.). You’ll have the opportunity to shop goods from 35 local makers and artisans, eat some delicious food, and try your luck at making a trade in the Open Trading Zone! Handmade Jungle will also be running macrame workshops from 12 to 1 p.m. and 3 to 4 p.m.
Here are some of the participating vendors:
- AbeilleWraps: natural and sustainable alternative to plastic wrap for food storage
- Badge: pins and patches
- Brunch Projects: macrame wall plant hangers, embroidery and keychains
- Corktown Soap: 100% natural vegan soap and bath products
- Femme Floss: pop culture and feminism-themed cross-stitches
- Homebody Collective: whimsical concrete planters
- Lumos & Nox: Toronto-based jewellery company specializing in minimalist designs
- Moonbeam: painted porcelain and handmade ceramics
- Ontario Pyrex: vintage pyrex for swap and sale
- Sad Truth Supply: Toronto-based supply company dealing in soft goods, hard goods, nice goods and bad goods
All vendors will be accepting cash, trade (check out their Bunz profiles for their ISOs), and Bunz’s new digital currency, BTZ.