One of my favourite recipes for a big get together is roasted vegetables, partly because they’re so darn easy, but also because they’re so darn delicious! With Easter around the corner, here’s my simple roasted vegetable recipe that is a great side dish for Easter dinner this weekend.
For some more tips on keeping your long weekend healthy, check out the post I wrote for Thanksgiving. All the tips are perfect for Easter, too!
Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 4 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Melt coconut oil
- Chop all vegetables and place in bowl
- In separate bowl mix dressing ingredients (coconut oil, vinegar, and herbs)
- Mix dressing and vegetables and lay out on baking sheet
- Cook for 20 minutes on 1 side
- Then, flip veggies and cook for another 20 minutes
- To know if they are cooked, you should be able to get a fork through the carrots and sweet potatoes easily
Mandy King is a Holistic Nutritionist and Gluten Free Guru who shares her expertise with She Does The City. For recipes and nutrition tips, visit her website, HEAL.