Don’t be scared of talking to your bank! Scotiabank is encouraging Canadians to visit their local branch to get tips from a Scotiabank advisor about hidden savings that can add up to an extra $1500 a year. They’ve also launched a #My1500 contest, where each week they’re giving away a prize of $1500 for answering the question, “What would you do if you had an extra $1500?” along with the hashtag #My1500. WE’VE GOT IDEAS!
There’s actually a lot you can do with $1500. Here’s what we might use it for:
- Paying off credit card debt
- Buying an investment piece for our wardrobe, like a blazer or trench that we’ll wear for at least a decade
- A new laptop!
- A couch that isn’t a futon
- A one-week holiday down south for when the polar vortex returns
- Budget for one massage a month, because self-care is important
- Add it to our savings for that condo we’re hoping to buy in 2017
- Splurge on a romantic trip to Montreal for a weekend of wining and dining at the city’s best restaurants
- Redecorate our bedroom so it looks more adult and less college dorm room
- Finally doing those repairs to the car that we’ve been ignoring for two years
We could write this list all day! What’s on your list? Share it on Twitter with #My1500 and you might just win $1500. (This guy won and used the money to propose to his girlfriend. Good job, buddy!)
For more information about the contest, go to www.scotiabank.com/my1500.