For the second time, ten inspiring Canadians will take the stage and share one thing that people should know before they die. Organized by Stuart Knight, the Top Ten Event takes place on May 10th at the Winter Garden Theatre (189 Yonge St.) and supports the Stephen Lewis Foundation. Last year, they raised $25,000 for community-level organizations working with women, grandmothers, and people living with HIV/AIDS in Africa. This year, the event promises to be better than ever, with an impressive roster of accomplished Canadian talent.
Speaking for 10 minutes and each sharing a life-changing piece of advice from their area of expertise, the following folks will inspire you to pursue your passion and approach every day with a sense of purpose. Who doesn’t need to be reminded to refocus every once in a while?
- Jully Black (Juno Award-winning R&B singer-songwriter)
- Alan Cross (music journalist and host of Astral Radio’s The Secret History of Rock)
- Mellissa Fung (CBC journalist and author of Under an Afghan Sky)
- Hana Gartner (five-time Gemini Award-winner and former host of CBC’s The Fifth Estate)
- Piers Handling (director and CEO of Toronto International Film Festival)
- Anthony Maddox (founder and president of Madmen Entertainment)
- David Miller (World Bank advisor and former Mayor of Toronto)
- David Rocco (chef and host of David Rocco’s Dolce Vita)
- Sandra Shamas (Gemini Award-winning comedic actress and writer)
- Ajay Virmani (president and CEO of Cargojet)
Tickets for the event, available here, are $50 or $75, and VIP tickets are available for $150, which includes access to an afterparty featuring the guest speakers. WHAT? YOU WANT TO GO? Of course you do, and we’ve got a pair of VIP tickets to give away! Just email haleycullingham [at] gmail [dot] com to win!
~ Haley Cullingham