I crave cookies on the reg. It’s kind of an issue. But the thing is, I never bake them — I can’t fight the temptation when there’s a batch of freshly baked treats around, so I avoid putting myself in such a situation altogether. But sometimes I really just want one delicious, hot, ooey gooey cookie. Enter Melissa from the awesome lifestyle blog Number 2 Pencil. She made a recipe for a chocolate chip cookie in a cup! Perfect for one, when the craving really hits!
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
- Small Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk (discard the egg white or save for different recipe)
- Scant ¼ of All Purpose Flour (slightly less than ¼ of a cup)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Start by melting your butter in the microwave. Butter should just be melted, not boiling.
- Add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Separate your egg and add the yolk only to your cup. Stir to combine.
- Add flour, then stir again. Measure a scant, slightly less than full, ¼ cup of all-purpose flour.
- Add the chocolate chips, and give a final stir. Now your mixture will look like cookie dough.
- Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds, start checking for doneness at 40 seconds. Mine takes 50 seconds. Do not cook past one minute, just like a regular cookie, this will continue cooking as it cools. If the cookie is dry or cake like, try less time.
- Serve warm.