Inspired by The To Do List (in theatres July 26th!) Shedoesthecity writers created their summer to-do lists that include everything from “doing it at the drive-in” to “more glitter, generally”. (See bottom to find out what you could win by emailing us your list! It’s AMAZING!!)
- Go pool hopping
- Don’t wear pants for one month
- Bike from the west end to the beaches and eat Burger’s Priest
- Go to a cottage (or three)
- Go to Toronto Island
- Make five new friends
- See an outdoor movie (aka Clueless on August 7)
- Skinny dip. The fact that this has not happened yet is the definition of a travesty.
- Find my ice cream boyfriend (a man who works somewhere that serves ice cream, to be flirted with profusely until free cones are procured).
- Cycle to the island and have a picnic.
- Keep up this fun no make up thing I’ve been doing. Feels good to get the albino lashes out.
- More glitter, generally.
- Bathing suits as bras.
- Take my mom’s dog for some walks. Me and the dog aren’t quite best buddies and I feel like it’s important to her that we bond.
- Finally find the big giant floppy hat of my pallid dreams. It’s out there, somewhere…
- Get everything out at Toronto’s nude beach. It’s time I get more European and less body conscious
- Hit a home run. (In my softball comedy league!)
- Eat a whole lot of seafood in Halifax. (I don’t eat meat, and save seafood for vacations… very excited.)
- Take time to read more often.
- See 10+ Summerworks shows
- Milk bath. (Gross or luxurious? I won’t know until I do it!)
- Cottage time. (I’m from Alberta and this “cottage life” doesn’t exist there. Must. Get. To. A. Cottage.)
- Late night swim in a public pool? Risky? Risque?
- Solve a mystery. (Ultimate life goal. Someone find me a mystery, start me off with a few clues, and I’ll do it.)
- Start “the wave” at a Blue Jays game. (Oh, the power!)
- Swim in a lake.
- Become one of those people who always has a jug of homemade iced tea chilled and ready to serve with fresh fruit garnish.
- Pretend I live in the 1950s and do it at the Drive-In
- Varnish my front steps and backyard picnic table.
- Organize a foolproof filing system. (The least favourite to-do on this list but the most important one.)
- Use the BBQ cookbook my boyfriend gave me and become the QUEEN of marinating meat in advance. Well, for at least one night.
- Scantily clad night biking that ends with coconut ice creams and sweet smooches.
- A road trip without a destination.
Send us your list for a chance to win our ULTIMATE SUMMER TO-DO LIST!
Submit your list because we will be picking our favourite and awarding one lucky reader EVERYTHING from our Ultimate Summer To-Do List!
- 2 passes to the AGO!
- $150 gift card for food and drink on The Drake Sky Yard (we’re thinking many, many mojitos)
- An exclusive personal shopping appointment at Topshop where a team of stylists will help you put together a head-to-toe look with a $200 TopShop shopping spree!
- A complimentary nail art mani from Pinky’s Nails!
- 2 passes to The To-Do List screening in Toronto!
Yep, that’s a pretty awesome WIN! Get creative because SDTC writers will pick our favourite list to win it all! Email your to-do list to email@example.com. Contest closes July 23 at 2pm EST. Winner will be notified by July 24 at 3pm EST.
Watch The To Do List trailer now.