1. When was the last time you watched a Hollywood film that intelligently dealt with the subject of porn?
2. Our longtime indie nerd crush suddenly has the hottest bod around but it’s still his brain that steers our fantasies into very naughty directions. Grrrr.
3. Watching Scarlett Johansson compete with Julianne Moore for the love interest of JGL is more interesting and unexpected than the ScarJo/Penelope Cruz/Javier Bardem combo in Woody Allen’s Vicky Christina Barcelona. And that’s a hard combo to beat!
4. Who doesn’t love a good Jersey accent? Don Jon is like Jersey Shore interpreted through the mind of a Cultural Studies graduate.
5. Smart, sexy, provocative, funny and deeply emotional; you gotta see it to believe it.
6. Two words: TONY DANZA.
7. Fucking versus lovemaking? How can you not love exploring that hot topic.
8. For technical film school peeps: pretty sweet editing happening in this flick.
9. It’s like Saturday Night Fever meets My Cousin Vinny meets Shame meets Love and Other Drugs. So, let’s just say it’s not easy to nail down and that makes it totally original.
10. It’s a nice reminder that a sex life can always get better.
Opens in theatres this weekend. Watch the trailer now.