DIY love note
By Dilys Tong
Sew Be It Studio
Let’s be honest…. No matter how much I announce the fact that I hate Valentines, deep inside I secretly wish the cupid would send me a Valentine love. What is a better way to tell that special someone “Be mine!” than with a handmade Valentine card. So dear Cupid, for this Valentines, could you send me a George Clooney look alike, please?
- For the card – your choice of felt colour, approximately 12” by 9”
- The mini hearts – felt pieces, any color of your choice. I would recommend colors that are valentine related such as hot pink, red or purple.
- Felt to cut out letters for your special message
- Large yarn hand sewing needle
- A hand full of fiberfill
- Cut out 8 (or so) mini hearts in your choice of size. You can cut out the hearts in any color of your choice. I personally prefer the colours of love….pink, red and fuscia.
Step 1: The card body
- Fold the felt in half
- Using a large running stitch with the yarn, and hand stitch along the folded edge.
Step 2: Decorate the card surface
- Place the mini hearts as in
- Pin the hearts in place
- Using the same yarn, hand stitch around the heart edge with a running stitch.
*Just before you finish stitching all around, take a little bit of the fiberfill and stuff the center of the heart, then continue the stitching.
- Repeat the same for all the hearts.
Step 3: The love message!!
- Cut out the letters of your love note and glue them to the inside of the card.
I hope this card will bring you the romance that you deserve!!! Happy Valentines!!! XOXO