Paint your lips red and make your best kissy face on Instagram! This February, The Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) is asking Canadians to help us kiss HIV and AIDS goodbye by wearing red lips from February 1st to 15th.
1. Spread awareness on social media with a sassy smooch
- Find your deepest red lipstick, snap a selfie and post on Instagram, Twitter or FB with #smoochselfie #Kisses4Canfar
- Or be creative and do your own artsy spin on #smoochselfie (Red lips on your morning coffee mug? A Valentine’s card sealed with kisses? Have fun!)
2. Go to the Kisses4Canfar website and register a page to help raise funds
- Rally your friends and family to help raise money! Every bit helps.
- A twoonie for every fun #smoochselfie you do? Keep them entertained and help the cause!
Did you know?
- 34 million people worldwide are living with HIV. That’s the equivalent to the entire population of Canada
- Half of HIV-positive adults globally are women
- One quarter of Canadians with HIV are not aware that they are infected
- 6 in 10 Canadians who have had multiple sex partners in last year did not use a condom the last time they had sexual intercourse
- In 2009, 24% of reported cases of HIV were among youth (aged 15-29)
The Kisses4Canfar is a small (and fun!) way you can contribute to the fight against HIV and AIDS. Pucker up, gorgeous! Give us your best kiss!