Tomorrow marks the grand opening of Saks Fifth Avenue’s Canadian flagship store at Toronto Eaton Centre. It’s a big and bold shake up that will undoubtedly rock the Canadian fashion world. Whether you’re the type who covets designer labels, or the thrifty shopper who cannot justify spending more than $50 on a purse, you’ll feel the impact of this new fashion frontier, be it over chatter at the water cooler, whilst skimming the Globe Style Section at brunch, or – they hope – in your bank account.
Today, we were given a few juicy details to tease you with. Here’s what you can expect from the smashing new Saks on Queen Street:
- A 10022-SHOE salon (we’re not sure either, but it sounds seductive).
- Select brand offerings include Dior, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, Saint Laurent, Chloé, Céline, Prada, Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney, Givenchy and Alaïa.
- Saks at Your Service, a shopping service that brings the best of Saks directly to a client’s home, office, or hotel, anytime and anywhere.
- The Fifth Avenue Club, a private shopping destination for the men and women of Toronto, featuring trained consultants for personalized styling.
- Get a makeover with a Saks expert – every cosmetics station will be staffed with artists to help prepare for a night out or give a makeup master class.
- On-the-go facials, fragrance personalization, red carpet treatments and more at every beauty counter.
- Both stores will have a robust calendar of special events, such as fashion shows, personal appearances by designers and trunk shows.
And since no one likes to shop when they’re hangry, both Saks Fifth Avenue CF Toronto Eaton Centre and CF Sherway Gardens will have a special sumptuous Saks Food Hall by Pusateri’s.
If a Stella McCartney bag is not in the budget, stop by for a coffee, croissant, spritz of perfume, and happy jaunt around the 10022-SHOE salon.
Saks Fifth Avenue, one of the world’s preeminent specialty retailers, is renowned for its superlative American and international designer collections, its expertly edited assortment of handbags, shoes, jewellery, cosmetics and gifts, and the first-rate fashion expertise and exemplary client service of its associates. As part of the Hudson’s Bay Company brand portfolio, Saks operates 38 full-line stores in 22 states, five international licensed stores and saks.com, the company’s online store.