Music festival season is officially upon us and whether you’ll be hitting up Coachella, Sasquatch, Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza, fashion is key. (And we’re not just talking aesthetically – things get sweaty, muddy, rainy, and dusty. Cutoffs and rubber boots are as practical as they are trendy!) Here are some Shedoesthecity-approved festival looks for the 2013 season.
1. One & Only X Urban Renewal Open Back Romper ($64, Urban Outfitters); Floppy Wide Brimmed Hat ($48, French Connection); Multicoloured Twisted Rope Bracelet ($6, Forever 21); Boyfriend Ankle Boot ($182, Nasty Gal); Village Pouch-prince ($58, Roots)
2. Valley Rose 90’s Valley Girl Maxi Dress ($180, Wildfox); Floral Leaf Headwrap ($5, Forever 21); Sol Sana Avery Flat Sandals ($90, Shopbop); Illesteva Leonard Sunglasses ($168, Need Supply Co.); Baggu Backpack ($35, Need Supply Co.)
3. Crocheted Crop Top ($20, H&M); Urban Renewal Acid Wash Destroyed Denim Short ($50, Urban Outfitters); 1460 Boot ($170, Dr. Martens); Ray-Ban Aviator ($180, Sunglass Hut); Deena & Ozzy Gemma Festival Backpack ($50, Urban Outfitters)
4. Highlite Raglan Tee ($34, Billabong); Cheap Monday Lady Teddy Jeans ($92, Nasty Gal); Straw Shorter Brim Fedora ($50, Top Shop); Chuck Taylor All Star ($55, Converse); Baggu Drawstring Purse ($142,Need Supply Co.)
5. Claire One Piece Swimsuit ($90, Billabong); Lamrocks True Black Shorts ($50, Quiksilver); Hiya Platform Sneaker ($118, Nasty Gal); Cheap Monday Mesh Hat ($35, Urban Outfitters); Multicoloured Lacquered Bangle Set ($11, Forever 21)