Have you made your American Express digital canvas yet? GET ON IT GIRL! You could win a trip for two to NYC!
New York always excites, inspires and amazes. You don’t even have to actively plan for it, it just happens when you turn a corner. Our trips always awaken our sense of adventure and since our first excursion as an impressionable nineteen-year-old, we have learned what we love best:
1. Walking forty blocks and every block is completely different. Last time we walked from Harlem to the East Village in sandals. It was amazing.
2. Sipping a latte and watching the dynamics, or the drama, unfold between dog owners and their dogs in the Union Square dog park.
3. Sitting outside the Plaza eating street meat. We love the highs as we do the lows.
4. The Whitney, The Guggenheim, MOMA, NewMuseum – we become cawing culture vultures who can’t get enough but are likewise awed by unexpected street art and performance.
5. Catching a film at a revue cinema and then grabbing good grub with our neurotic boyfriend while we pretend to be Annie Hall.
6. Saks, Bloomingdales, Bergdorf Goodman and Fifth Avenue shopping and gawking.
7. We could plan an entire trip around NYC 24 hour diners. Nothing like people watching with a coffee and slice of lemon meringue.
8. Lazy Saturday antique and vintage markets after long brunches with best friends.
9. Magnolia versus Sugar Sweet Sunshine! The best cupcake battle continues!
10. Ever made out in the back of a NYC cab? 😉
Now go forth and enter the Amex Facebook contest because this art-inspired New York getaway is within your grasp. A winner will be chosen by Nov. 15th and it could be you! And if you’re a New York-loving Luddite who doesn’t know a ‘poke’ from a ‘like’ on Facebook, check out the Amex canvas in person this week for a chance to win at the following locations:
– Wednesday, November 10th – Pearson International Airport
– Wednesday, November 10th from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Yorkdale Mall
– Monday, November 15th from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Union Station