There really wasn’t one defining trend that popped on the red carpet, except maybe an unusually high proportion of pale lacy dresses, but mostly we saw all colours and styles. We picked twelve totally different looks we loved: From Elizabeth Olsen in floor length floral to Vanessa Paradis in a goth like bustier, here’s an overview of best dressed leading ladies at #TIFF11. However, if we had to choose one look that really dropped our jaw with the right, “OMG….STUNNING!” then it would have to be Canadian actress Sarah Gadon at the premiere of David Cronenberg’s A Dangerous Method. Now that’s how you rock the red carpet. She looks like a statuesque young Nicole Kidman! Agree?
1. Actress Alexis Bledel arrives at “Violet & Daisy” Premiere at The Elgin
2. Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal at the “Hysteria” Premiere at RTH
3. Actress Olivia Wilde (L) and actress/Producer Jennifer Garner from the cast of “Butter” celebrate at the vitaminwater Rooftop
4. Felicity Jones attends the Joe Fresh and Interview Magazine celebration of the world Premiere “Like Crazy” at the Spoke Club
5. Actress Sarah Gadon arrives at “The Moth Diaries” Premiere at Isabel Bader Theatre
6. Analeigh Tipton at “Damsels In Distress” Premiere
7. Actress Vanessa Paradis attends the “Cafe De Flore” Premiere
8. Actress Jessica Chastain at Elgin for Premiere of “Coriolanus”
9. Actors Elizabeth Olsen (L) and Sarah Paulson attend the “Martha Marcy May Marlene” premiere at Ryerson Theatre
10. Actress Kirsten Dunst attends Hugo Boss / GQ Party
11. Actress Sarah Gadon arrives at “A Dangerous Method” Premiere at RTH.
12. Actress Keira Knightley (L) and actor Viggo Mortensen arrive at “A Dangerous Method” Premiere