About a year ago, I did a post called “What I Eat.” It was pretty popular as I think people are curious what a nutritionist really eats, so I thought I’d do an updated version. I most definitely don’t profess to eat perfectly – more 80/20 I’d say, but eating this way makes me feel good.
I also thought this food diary would be useful in anticipation of The HEAL 30 Day Wellness Challenge, so that you have a general idea of what the meals might be like. Unfortunately red wine isn’t a part of the meal plan though!
- 1 giant glass of lemon water (approx 500ml)
- 1 slice of my Mom’s gluten free bread with 2 poached eggs* (I must post this recipe for you, because it’s BY FAR the best gluten-free bread I’ve ever had)
*I’d normally have a morning snack between breakfast and lunch, but this breakfast is so filling that I’m not.
- Roasted cauliflower (recipe will be a part of the Wellness Challenge meal plan)
- Miso chicken thighs (also a Wellness Challenge recipe)
Guac with red pepper and celery (though I will say that the other day we were out for a long hour walk, and I had a paleo brownie from the coffee shop. mmmmm)
Big mug of Bija ginger tea. It’s so good.
*I should also note that I’m drinking lots of water throughout the day.
- Roast Beef (yes, I eat red meat, and relatively often. For me, the iron boosts my energy levels and I feel noticeably better. I always try to eat grass-fed meat though)
- Baked Sweet Potato Rounds
- Ginger Broccoli & Zucchini (Wellness Challenge recipe)
- Arugula Salad (Wellness Challenge recipe)
A glass of red wine
A decadent piece of peanut butter brownie, from Chocolate Covered Katie.
Mandy King is a Holistic Nutritionist and Gluten Free Guru who shares her expertise with She Does The City. For recipes and nutrition tips, visit her website, HEAL. Follow Mandy on Twitter@mandyking_HEAL. Like Healthy Eating and Living on Facebook here. You can also find Mandy on Pinterest and Instagram.