Why let gourds have all the fun? This time of year is also APPLE SEASON, so when you come home from that fun weekend apple picking excursion with way too many apples and way too few pie-making abilities, why not craft this cute, easy centrepiece? This is a great one to save up for Thanksgiving or Halloween dinners, too.
– 6 to 10 small apples (depending on the size of your table)
– As many tea light candles as apples
– A small, sharp knife
– A small spoon
1. Place a tea light on top of your first apple and mark the perimeter of the candle with your knife.
2. Cut according to your markers to create a circle, digging down just deep enough to accommodate the height of the tea light, pop off the lid of the apple.
3. Using your small spoon, scoop out the flesh of the apple along the interior walls of the circle you just cut to create enough space for the tea light.
4. Pop your tea light snuggly in the top of the apple, discard any apple bits you cut/scooped out.