Here’s one email I’ll never regret opting into: the dispatches from SheCoSystem’s Emily Rose. Each one arrives in my inbox like a breath of fresh air and reminds me to set my intentions for the day and to check in with myself so that I can be present and actually get things done.
The last one brought good news in the form of a new space for the collective, so I’d like to share the details with you guys since SheCoSystem isn’t specifically for women in tech but rather for women in all entrepreneurial fields, as well as freelancers or any mobile workers looking for space and community.
Let’s face it, an increasing number of jobs are built on remote working relationships, and plugging away by yourself can get kind of lonely. That’s why Rose has been working hard to shine light on the value of relating to one another through wellness. She wants SheCoSystem to bring together even more people in the space she’s developing near Christie Pits.
Meanwhile, Rose is offering a pop-up in the historic Gladstone Hotel at 1214 Queen West this week through the 18th. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop and any other work materials they may need (we still use notebooks most of the time!): business cards, clothes they can move in, and a willingness to participate. The sessions cost $25 per day or $60 for all three days. We suggest you get the three-day pass if you don’t want to miss out on the following:
- Bring intention to your workday with opening & closing circles
- Refresh yourself with 45-minute wellness sessions, including art, yoga and dance
- Help yourself to free coffee & tea. Healthy, locally sourced meals available for purchase at the Gladstone Cafe, plus snacks at Grab n’ Go counter.
- Get business advice during Mentorship Office Hours provided by Women in Biz Network
- Express yourself at art & activity stations with a chance to win a free month membership
- Get a quickie wellness treatment on August 17
- Shop a mini-market featuring Toronto’s female makers and vendors on August 18