Ballet is one of the few types of performance art that never ceases to inspire me. Some of my fondest memories from childhood include going to the National Ballet with my mom, who would scrape together pennies to get tickets for us whenever she could. I was too young to fully appreciate it then, but now I know how hard she had to work, and how many extra minimum wage jobs she took on to put food on the table (let alone, treat her kid to something as extravagant as the ballet).
To this day, ballet has a very special place in my heart, which is why I relish in every opportunity to surprise my mom with tickets. As luck would have it, our friends at The National Ballet of Canada have extended a very special offer to Shedoesthecity readers, which I’m taking advantage of for Mother’s Day, and you should too!
Using the promo code SHEDOESTHECITY, you can purchase $99 Premium Orchestra Seats for the June 15-18 performances of Giselle. This offer expires on May 8, so go get it, girl. Grab your mom or girlfriend, or even make it a girls’ night out, complete with dinner and drinks!
In the meantime, as June is still a ways away, we’ve rounded up our favourite ballet-inspired spring fashion to tide us over. After all, don’t we all secretly want to dress like ballerinas? It can’t just be me.
- Free People, Take The Plunge bodysuit
- Aritzia, Finely pleated metallic skirt
- Free People, Walk My Way Thong bodysuit
- Diane von Furstenberg, Ballerina wrap cardigan
- Rosehound Apparel, Pink wig “CLOSER” lapel pin
- Schutz, Neida flats
- Ban.do, Fantastic elastics (metallic gold/blush/neon pink)
- Aritzia, Babaton Jace blouse
- Ted Baker, TINYBOW mini bow crosshatch leather shopper bag
- Elizabeth and James, Everleigh skirt
- Yosi Samra, HITCHED by Yosi Samra Marry Me Marabou flats
- H&M, Dress with lacing detail