The Barbra Schlifer Clinic is one of Toronto’s most important spaces for women. On Sunday, March 25th, they are hosting their inaugural She Matters Brunch, and I’m incredibly honoured to be acting as MC. While they’ve almost met their fundraising goal, we are in a final crunch period to raise final funds. We’re looking for 12 donors to each donate $100; will you join our community?
For those unfamiliar, the Barbra Schlifer Clinic offers legal representation, professional counselling and multilingual interpretation to women who have experienced abuse. Here are some of the specific ways the clinic supports women daily:
- Providing therapeutic counselling, information and support through group-based and individual counselling programs.
- Helping with the practical aspects of either leaving an abusive situation or remaining in a relationship.
- Providing long-term support for those who have experienced sexual assault.
- Helping women cope and recover from the impacts of childhood sexual abuse/incest.
- Providing free legal services to women who have experienced violence and abuse.
- Providing information about legal rights, legal protections and legal options in and out of court.
- Advocating on women’s behalf in such areas as human rights and criminal injuries compensation
- Providing free spoken-language interpretation or sign language interpretation (interpreter services are available seven days a week, 24 hours a day).
- Helping with childcare.
If you’re in a position to support, donating $100 to the Barbra Schlifer Clinic is a way to help women in Toronto immediately. Your money will go towards a service that could single-handedly change the direction of a woman’s life for the better.
Join our team of twelve to help this amazing organization reach their final goal for She Matters. Let us know if you donate and we’ll share the love on our social channels!