Whether at home or at work or on set, everyone should strive to create an environment that makes people feel comfortable, accepted, and at ease to be themselves.
Sometimes we think we know how to do this, but bias (that we may not even be aware of) or lack of understanding prevents us from creating the safest possible space.
On Wednesday, January 20th, The 519 Education and Training team will be hosting a 2-hour virtual workshop to help people gain a deep understanding of LGBTQ2S communities, and provide them with advice on how to create the most authentic spaces at work and at home.
Topics covered include:
- Discussing common terms used to express sexuality and gender diversity in Ontario
- Using and respecting people’s pronouns
- Ontario’s Human Rights Code policy on gender identity and gender expression
- Understanding the difference between sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation in relation to the Code
- Understanding affirmation and allyship and their importance as ongoing practices
The cost is $84.55 per person. To register, visit here. Everyone can benefit from this course.
The 519 is committed to the health, happiness and full participation of the LGBTQ2S communities. See the breadth of their offerings here.