Thinking of joining The Spoke Club? There are lots of reasons to take the plunge, but right now our favourite is Anna Kendrick. Queen of funny, the bitch with perfect pitch, our future wife or BFF (she can choose, it’s only fair). Last week, during TIFF, Miss Kendrick got her Spoke card stamped, because she knows what’s up.
Aside from a plethora of parties, fun cultural happenings and events rolling through the club, it’s a lovely escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. The moment you get in the elevator, it feels like you’re going to a sanctuary. It’s a hidden downtown space that’s slick but cozy and cheerful. There’s none of the pretension or bullshit that has plagued members-only clubs since, well, forever.
Instead, you find yourself in a gorgeous space that’s welcoming, where staff know your name and the service is top-notch, always. It’s beautiful without being too precious—like, you could still put your feet up on a chair in the lounge if you needed a little mid-day stretch. Whether you’re there to get some work done, take a meeting or treating a pal to lunch or dinner, you’ll have a great time and memorable experience.
Known for legendary parties, the Spoke Club kicked off TIFF with a week of swanky soirees with Hollywood and Canadian A-listers alike. Aside from Hayden Christensen, who had a quiet dinner with pals, the likes of Tatiana Maslany (c’mon Canadian star system), Jason Priestley and Cara Delevigne all stopped by to indulge in the party scene or celebrate with co-stars. Most importantly of all, The Spoke’s decadent rooms were graced by none other than the love of our life, Miss Kendrick.
Unfortunately, it’s been a busy couple of weeks, but as soon as our schedule frees up, we’re definitely hitting up the Spoke in hopes of getting a whiff of La Kendrick’s lingering perfume… or something less creepy, oh god we just love her.
And now, we will leave you with some words of advice and general life reflections that our very close friend Anna Kendrick has shared with us, personally. On Twitter.
- Beauty standards in Hollywood are unacceptable. I often lose parts because I’m “too ugly…on the inside.”
- If Natalie Portman asked me to kill someone I’d probably do it.
- For someone with such an intense need to be liked you’d think I would have figured out how to be less of an asshole.
- I get bummed out when I end up being on time but I’d worked up a really solid “why I’m late” story.
- I don’t think I can call myself an adult until I figure out how to use bleach in the laundry.
- Sometimes the only reason I leave my house is so when someone asks about my day I don’t have to say “Netflix and avoiding responsibilities”
- “You’re the only person in the world I don’t hate right now” is as close as I get to saying “I love you”
- I like to think of myself less like “an adult” and more like a “former fetus.”
- The scent wafting out of Abercrombie stores is a fucking day ruiner. How did they manage to bottle the smell of high school and rejection?
- Tip for businesses trying to establish social media presence: mentioning your vagina seems to help.
- So, there’s NO existing service that rents puppies to people with hangovers? America, you have failed me.
Sidenote: why doesn’t she have a talk show yet? And WHY DOESN’T IT SHOOT AT THE SPOKE CLUB? Who wants to find themselves between some crusy ol’ ferns when you can be SPOKEn to by Kendrick, AMIRIGHT? (I’m right!) Guyz, this is a million dollar idea. Make it happen, somebody.