It’s impossible to hit every party during TIFF, so we handpicked 20 women, whose style and charisma we admire, to be our spies. They’re red carpet ready in five minutes, always on the guest list, and help bring a party to life with their magnetic personalities and endless energy. Each day they’ll report back the juicy details from the night before
Name: Charise Mariel Garcia
Describe your involvement with TIFF: One of my dear friends is a film director, so I was her +1/partner in crime for the evening.
The party(ies) you attended last night: Night Moves post-première fête at Soho House.
What did you wear? No photos allowed in Soho House equals pre-party shameless selfies. Zac Posen dress. Jenny Bird earrings and collar. Prada pumps.
Describe the crowd using just 3 words: Intimate, industry only.
Celebs in attendance: The film’s director, Kelly Reichardt, and its stars, Dakota Fanning and Jesse Eisenberg. Ewan McGregor and Jason Bateman, too.
Most exciting or noteworthy thing that happened: The whispers in the crowd that Harvey Weinstein was having dinner in the main club bar, and Jake Gyllenhaal was upstairs on the new rooftop patio. I also saw Draco Malfoy, guys.
What you ate: Dirty Burgers were being served at two in the morning…so much better (and dirtier, natch) than a glass of water before bed.
What you drank: My flute never went empty all night; topped up with Grey Goose’s Le Fizz.
Which statement best describes the party;
- Best TIFF night EVER!
- WTF just happened? O-M-G….omg. GAHHHH!
- Celebrities? Who cares, we danced our asses off and met people from Denmark. So there.
- I liked the party favours but not sure it was really a “TIFF” party.
- Party was a-ok but then shit got real at the after-after party. Er, not for the internet.
- I think I saw someone famous. I dunno.
- OB-NOXXXXXXXX-IOUS! Way too many egos.
- The night would have been better had I stayed home to organize my accounting. Snoozefest!
Two, three, and five, in that order.
If you could do it again, would you change anything? Two nights prior, I locked eyes with a handsome stranger… and when my brain started working again, I realized it was Clive Owen. I secretly wanted a do-over. Except this time, I would actually buy him a drink.