It’s impossible to hit every party during TIFF, so we handpicked 20 women, whose style and charisma we admire, to be our spies. They’re red carpet ready in five minutes, always on the guest list, and help bring a party to life with their magnetic personalities and endless energy. Each day they’ll report back the juicy details from the night before.
Name: Christina Arseneau
Describe your involvement with TIFF: Senior publicist at rock-it promo, which during TIFF means we’re working on Tastemakers Gifting Lounge, SOHO House, a few eone films, Drake Hotel, Festival Music House, and then all of our lovely year round clients, too.
The parties you attended last night: I attended the Toronto Life party, Blue is the Warmest Color after party, and TIFF opening night party.
What did you wear? I’m total cliché PR lady, and dress mostly in black during TIFF. Last night I was rocking an Artizia dress and flat boots, with a small heel, from Jeffrey Campbell.
Describe the crowd using just 3 words: Gorgeous, excited, and optimistic.
Hear anything interesting? Weird? I overheard someone in the elevator talking about the VMAs, where they sat and watched Miley twerking IRL. Best eavesdrop of the festival thus far.
Celebs in attendance: Jian Ghomeshi (opening night party), Benedict Cumberbatch (SOHO House), The cast of Blue is the Warmest Color (at their after party).
Which statement best describes the party:
- Best TIFF night EVER!
- WTF just happened? O-M-G….omg. GAHHHH!
- Celebrities? Who cares, we danced our asses off and met people from Denmark. So there.
- I liked the party favours but not sure it was really a “TIFF” party.
- Party was a-ok but then shit got real at the after-after party. Er, not for the internet.
- I think I saw someone famous. I dunno.
- OB-NOXXXXXXXX-IOUS! Way too many egos.
- The night would have been better had I stayed home to organize my accounting. Snoozefest!
# 1 Obviously. The first night is always the best night—when excitement is palpable, and we all still have energy.