Okay, it’s time to share our secret. It’s called FabFind.com, and it’s the coolest thing to hit Toronto since….umm….NUIT BLANCHE? OSSINGTON? MORE STREET FOOD OTHER THAN HOT DOGS? Whatever, it’s cool. Trust us on this.
FabFind describes itself as a “Toronto-based social commerce site that was created to help connect top local businesses with quality customers.” We describe it as, “Totally-freakin’-amazing deals for YOU at the local businesses you love!”
How does FabFind.com work?
Every day, a new deal is posted on www.FabFind.com. Once you settle into work with your coffee, groom Facebook and respond to dumb e-mail #1, check the site and see if the deal that day appeals to you. We think most of them will because since FabFind’s launch, two weeks ago, deals have included:
– $25 teeth whitening at Glow Body Bar. Normally costs $75.
– $25 facial at Ra Sun Spa. Normally costs $75.
– $35 for one hour of acupuncture, or a relaxing shiatsu massage, by Therapy at Room 301. Normally costs $80!
– 70% off a complete car detail at Exclusive Auto Spa. Yeah, that’s right, SEVENTY PERCENT OFF! (If only we had a gong to ring – ’cause that’s gong-worthy style savings.)
– 60% off a mani/pedi combo at an upscale salon. Sorry, can’t reveal the name yet – it’s TOP SECRET until the deal runs. (Oooh, this is shopping mystery fun!)
Two more things you need to know – free stuff and easy money!
1. Beyond the super deals, Fabfind.com offers tons of free giveaways. This is just another way that they promote local businesses in a unique way to the customers they want. (Cue you again.)
In the past two weeks FabFind has provided free gift certificates to Craft Burger, free gourmet beverages at Aroma Espresso Bar, free handmade organic chocolate from Delight, free salsa dance lessons at Soul2Soule AND a free week-long pass to Stratusphere Yoga. What’s the freebie up for grabs this week? Tickets to Erykah Badu. Enter to win here: http://www.fabfind.com/giveaway/
2. Babe, you can make money.
Each deal you check out, you will notice a button on the site titled, “Save-it-Forward”. This allows you to share featured deals with your social network and earn FIVE PERCENT of EVERYTHING your friends spend on site. Think big people, think big, because by posting a link on Facebook or Twitter FabFind members earn commissions for a YEAR that are paid in the form of cash or rewards points.
P.S – For all you entrepreneurs out there, maybe you could be next week’s FabFind.