Spring is finally here! Hello singing birds and freshly cut grass. Hello sunshine, open-toed shoes and wedding season? While spring is a most joyous time for many, it can also get quite expensive, which is why we’ve partnered with HomeSense to help you save some cash with 10 affordable shower/wedding gifts we love.
1. When it comes to art and wall hangings, HomeSense has it going on this season! This Beaded Wall Hanging ($29.99) is one of MANY pieces we fell in love with during our last trip. Wanna get crafty? Instead of a card, inscribe the inside with your well wishes for the couple to make it a little extra special. (Compare at $40)
2. This matte white Enamel Cast Iron Pot ($69.99) we found at HomeSense is total Instagram #goals, and a terrific gift for a couple that loves to entertain. (Compare at $100)
3. So gorgeous! Who wouldn’t want this Pressed Metal Whitewashed Mirror ($59.99) proudly displayed on their wall? WE DO. WE DO. (Compare at $100)
4. Because everybody needs a boss Marble Tray ($49.99) in their living room or bedroom. (Compare at $80)
5. This “52 Lists of Happiness” Journal ($9.99) makes the sweetest add-on gift for a stressed out bride- or husband to-be. (Compare at $15)
6. Pineapples FTW! This Ceramic Pineapple Lantern with Flameless Candle ($19.99) is a super fun addition to any home or outdoor space. (Compare at $38)
7. “Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.” While we can’t help but laugh at Meryl Streep’s callous delivery of this line, there’s something quite whimsical about florals in spring. If you’re tuned in to the couple’s tastes, try mixing and matching seasonal dessert ware like this Floral Melamine Plate ($4.99) and
8. Vintage-Inspired Melamine Plate ($4.99) with teacups and other items like colourful napkins and metallic straws from HomeSense. (Both compare at $7)
9. We love the idea of filling this Ceramic “Treat Yourself” Loaf Pan ($7.99) with chocolates, face masks, body oils, and other home-spa accoutrements for the most perfect and self-indulgent shower gift. (Compare at $12)
10. Ever notice how everybody wants to refresh their home once spring rolls around? Unfortunately, that’s not an option for many couples that are knee-deep in wedding stress and bills. Why not mobilize your crew and take your pal on a HomeSense shopping spree in lieu of a wedding shower gift? We bet she’ll be thrilled to pick out a few new items for her home, like this GORGEOUS Wool and Cotton Tassled Kilim Cushion ($39.99). (Compare at $56)
To kick off our partnership with HomeSense, we’re giving away a $100 gift card! There are three ways to enter to win:
Tweet: “Hey @Shedoesthecity, I’d love to deck my home in spring florals & pastels! Please send me a $100 @HomeSense gc. #MyHomeSense“
LIKE + COMMENT on our HomeSense post.
LIKE + COMMENT on our HomeSense collage.
Contest closes on April 3, 2017. Good luck!