We scoured the city streets and interwebs to find totally rad gifts for the fashion lover on your list. And by “scoured the city streets and interwebs,” I mean that I just wrote down what I want for Christmas and posted it online. Friends, relatives, complete strangers, take note.
1. Carine Roitfeld Irreverent. The former Vogue Paris editor-in-chief slash fashion industry goddess has put together one big, bold, must-have book of her most influential and inspiring work. It totally kicks coffee-table book ass. $70 at amazon.ca.
2. Bill Cunningham New York. DVD $23 at zeitgeistfilms.com A documentary portrait of the life and work of original street style photojournalist and The New York Times’ fashion and society photographer, Bill Cunningham. Two words: the outfits.
3. Two-year subscription to Worn Fashion Journal. Beloved local indie journal Worn goes beyond the glossy and gets into the history, evolution and theory of fashion. The style bible for fashion nerds. $26.00 at wornjournal.com
4. Moulinette Soeurs Unfettered Maxi Skirt. Maxi skirts are romantic and comfortable and always look fantastic. This light chiffon one by Moulinette Soeurs will add extra pop to her wardrobe in ruby red. $158.00 from Anthropologie
5. One-year subscription to Lula Magazine. This dreamy, girly, whimsical, high-fashion magazine FLIES out of stores as soon as it hits the stands. Save a gal the hunt and get me – sorry, her – a subscription. $45 at magazinecafeny.com
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Cross Body Messenger Bag. Simple, classic and luxurious, this pebbled leather messenger bag holds her essentials in style while she shops ’til she drops. $295 at ssense.com
7. Topshop Pleated Peter Pan Smock Dress. This cute cream dress with a ruffled Peter Pan collar is perfect for girly girls who still like to play dress up. $56 at The Bay
8. TOMS + The Row Stacey Black Herringbone shoes, $110 at Holt Renfrew The Row, the Olsen twins’ super-luxe basics label, has teamed up with charitable shoe company TOMS to create a shoe collection made of Italian-sourced wool, cashmere and hemp blends. These comfortable flats in The Row’s aesthetic are perfect for stylish girls on the go and, as always, with every pair of TOMS + The Row shoes you purchase, a child in need will also receive a pair of shoes. Actually the kind of gift that keeps on giving. Win-win.
9. Christian Louboutin book. To celebrate his 20th anniversary (and give us visual orgasms), Christian Louboutin has published his first-ever book featuring the most iconic of his designs and a peek into his insights and personal archive. $160 at rizzoliusa.com
~ Lindsay Tapscott
See Our Other Themed Gift Guides Here.