I did a major in Communication Studies at University and learned a lot of theory, how to review a film, how to make a soundtrack for a short and the scary effects of propaganda. But what I didn’t learn was how I would apply this degree. What jobs in the real world applied to my education? It almost baffles me that there was no real course devoted to this, or how to go about doing that. Well, for those of you who want to break into the fashion industry – there is such a thing – and it’s encapsulated in an intensive – really fun – summer Fashion Camp hosted by Fashion Weekly.
This four week course promises a wide variety of guest speakers that will illuminate the various facets of the biz and how you can get
there. Fashion designers, public relation firms, photographers, press, boutique owners will take turns lecturing attendees with insider info in a casual setting where you can pick their brain and find out how they carved their career. These intimate meetings are complemented with challenging assignments that will get you equipped and ready to take on the industry.
Confirmed guest speakers include: Robin Kay – President of the FDCC (Fashion Design Council of Canada), Angela Smith (host of ET Canada), Robert Ott (University of Ryerson, Chair of Fashion), Collen Schindler (Ryerson Fashion Illustration), Designer of successful Canadian label Preloved Julia Grieve, and many more!
Live in downtown Toronto, attend multiple field trips, meet other like-minded aspiring fashion professionals and become more confident
knowing which direction you want to take, before taking the plunge.
It ain’t cheap – but for the $3500 cost, you get a whole lot:
– 4 weeks of accommodation at the University of Toronto from July 4th to July 30th
– Breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday for 4 weeks at the residence dining hall
– Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays at the Residence Dining Hall
– Field trip costs included (ROM, BATA Shoe Museum, CN Tower, Niagara-on-the-lake and MORE!)
– Artist and design materials for all projects and assignments
– Access and city passes for all participating libraries
– Includes a meet, greet and networking with potential employers at the Intern Job Fair.
– GOODY BAGS! Filled with products, gift cards and fashion loot.
– Access to all digital audio visual equipment
Get connected with the sponsors, attendees, and supporters of Fashion Week and experience their work environments that include one on one training. Beyond the hands-on learning experience – how fun would this be?
Find out more: http://fashweekly.com/fashioncamp