Feeling this Thursday pretty hard, huh? What if you contracted a terrible, terrible cold between now and tomorrow morning? What if your partner did too? What if you just… couldn’t make it to work tomorrow, no way no how, time for a four day “recovery weekend”? What if you made this incredible breakfast in bed instead? Celebrity chef Meg Hall shared her recipes for an indulgent breakfast for two, featuring Nutella French Toast (hi) and a Bourbon Chai Latte (HELLO, NURSE). You may never go back to work again.*
*Recipe also works on weekends, but what’s the fun in that?
Bourbon Chai Latte (serves 2)Ingredients:
- 2 spiced chai tea bags1
- 1/2 cups boiling water
- 6 oz Maker’s Mark bourbon
- 2 oz half and half
- 2 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Place each tea bag in its own mug. Pour boiling water over tea bags. Let steep, 5 minutes, then remove tea bags. Add bourbon and half and half; stir to combine. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Nutella French Toast (serves 2)
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ cup Nutella spread
- 6 slices White bread
- 6 large Strawberries
- Unsalted Butter
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, milk and salt.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Quickly dip bread slices in egg mixture on both sides. Put in skillet immediately. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Cook in batches.
- Top finished toast with a large dollop of Nutella and a fresh strawberry.
Meg Hall is a celebrity chef, caterer and owner of Made by Meg – a catering commissary and test kitchen in Redondo Beach, California. For more information, visit www.meghall.com.