We recently had the opportunity to test-drive the Panasonic DMC-G7 camera on a lil street stylin’ mission. Our very own photographer, Becca Lemire, took to the streets explore all the snazzy features that the DMC-G7 has to offer. Here’s what she took away from the experience:
1. It’s as light as a feather, and a suuuupppper nice break for my wrists!
2. For a small camera, it has multiple interchangeable lens options! I got to try out the 14-42 mm lens and it was great for getting full length shots on busy streets, without having to step back too far.
3. The LCD flip screen option is super pro, in addition to the viewfinder. It pulls out from the camera, and you can flip it around if needed, making it perfect for taking selfies whilst watching yourself selfie (not that I spent time doing that or anything, cough cough…).
4. The auto focus and auto adjustments when I was switching from full sun to shade, partial shade, etc, were pretty consistently accurate. I hardly had to do any adjusting when romping around Queen Street from Lansdowne to University. Impressive.
5. The Panasonic DMC-G7 has a hot shoe on top, for external flash capabilities. Really got the ol’ wheels turning for how great this camera would be for nightlife photography! And, it shoots in RAW as well as JPG, which will warm the cockles of any photographer’s heart.