This week I’d like to share with you one of my most favorite foods. I try to incorporate this item into my meals at least once a day to five times per week, and even though I recommend eating local and seasonal, this little piece of food heaven breaks this rule.
This powerhouse ingredient not only tastes delicious, but it’s nutrient dense and full of health benefits!
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Stacked with “anti-inflammatory” properties including:
· Antioxidants; vitamin C and vitamin E
· Good fats; omega-3
· Used in various forms of arthritis treatment as a mainstay in patients’ diets.
- Promotes optimal absorption of carotenoids (fat-soluble phyto-nutrients that naturally occur in plants)
- Regulates blood sugar levels, due to its low sugar, low carb and high fiber makeup
- Anti-cancer benefits!
Avocados are also quite versatile. Use them for baking (adds moisture), in smoothies, salsa or any recipe that could benefit from that lovely, nutritious and rich texture.