For those who get mega lady bone over makeup and beauty products.
1. A mix n’ match makeup compact from Boxx Cosmetics. This Canadian-made company gives you an easy way to de-clutter your makeup bag. Two compacts, “boxx” and “milli box” keep all your favourite creams, blushes, lipsticks, etc., in one small package. $59.00/$12.00
2. The first-ever fragrance from Bottega Veneta. The label known for its luxury leather accessories now has a luxury fragrance as well. With notes of Italian bergamot, Brazilian pink pepper, Indian Sambac jasmine, oak moss and Indian patchouli, the scent is floral and leathery, and according to the brand, “represents the scented signature of the house – “invisible, private luxury.” I was actually a bit skeptical, worried that I was going to smell like a leather bag (which is nice, but in a bag), but, after one spritz, I was hooked. $95.00 for 50ml
3. Press-on nails and nail art from Broadway Nails. Every time I see fake nails, I think of this scene in French Prince of Bel-Air, in which Will’s girlfriend rips hers off, as well as her hair and other various things on her body. That has absolutely no relation to this, though, but am I right? Anyway, the nail art is fun and kind of in right now, I hear, and the fake nails come in all kinds of colours/designs. Fun stocking stuffers. $3.99 – $6.49
4. Nail polish from Deborah Lippman. This brand rivals Essie for top-notch pretty polish, in my humble opinion. So many great colours in cremes, shimmers, sheers and more and Lippman’s products contain no formaldehyde and aren’t tested on animals. $16.00 – $18.00
5. Spiced Vanilla Body Butter and Lip Balm from The Body Shop. I might be biased ’cause I’m a sucker for anything vanilla-scented, BUT THIS IS FALL/THE HOLIDAYS RIGHT ON YOUR BODY. And who doesn’t like body butter? Mmmmm. $18.00/$6.00
6. Derm Aha Intensive Resurfacing Serum from La Roche-Posay. This might be an odd thing to give as a gift but, as someone who’s beginning to study her face for signs of aging, I don’t think I’d be offended. This is some serious shit and I want to look like I’m twenty-four FOREVER. Death Becomes Her styles. Ok, not like that, but you know. $49.50 at Shoppers Drug Mart
7. Holiday Lip Glaze Set 2011 from Stila. There’s a lip gloss party and your mouth is invited. Eight shimmery shades from nude to berry pink. $25.00
9. Make Up For Ever false eyelashes from Sephora. I would never think to buy false eyelashes for myself for some reason, but I would totally love it if I received them as a gift. They’re just so fun and all dramatic-like. $15.00
See Our Other Gift Guides Here.