One glance at this photo had us salivating and dreaming of a road trip to PEI. HOLY LOBSTER DOES THIS LOOK GOOD.
If travel is not an option for you this summer, there are still ways to celebrate and have fun. The ‘Prince Edward Island Patio Party Meal Kit’ from McEwan Foods is something that immediately sparked feelings of excitement—ordering one is on our COVID summer bucket list.
“Every year Prince Edward Island puts on a month-long festival showcasing all of the wonderful products that the island has to offer. This year due to the pandemic, McEwan Fine Foods is bringing a taste of the island to Toronto with our Prince Edward Island Patio Party boxes. PEI produces some of the best, sustainable lobster in the world and incredible grass-fed beef with full traceability. Our chefs have created unique Surf & Turf packages with all the trimmings so our guests can bring delicious PEI flavours home for easy summer meals,” says Jessica Rodrigues, Director of Communications for The McEwan Group.
There are three bespoke menu kits to choose from. We’re eyeing the ‘Surf’ box, which would be quite the treat for four people.
The box includes:
- 4 x 1.5 lb Steamed lobsters, compound lemon-herb butter, herb-wrapped brush with finishing tips for the BBQ
- 3 Dozen PEI oysters, McEwan’s Own cocktail sauce, shallot red wine vinegar mignonette and lemons (ingredients for the cocktail sauce provided with recipe)
- 2lb PEI Mussels (choice of lemon white wine & bacon sauce OR tomato, fennel, chili & preserved lemon sauce) Bread for grilling
- Macaroni & Cheese with chorizo
- 2lbs PEI potato salad, celery and horseradish vinaigrette