2013 was all about Emerald City and just this week, Pantone announced that Radiant Orchid will be the 2014 Colour of the Year! Ta-da!
So, what does this mean? Pinterest will explode with purple mood boards! Purpley-pink tones will be more prominent in fancy window displays! Your stylish BFF may suddenly swap her usual red lips for a deep fuschia. Beyond that, it’s just fun to have a colour of the year, OKAY?
Radiant Orchid “inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health,” says executive director of PANTONE Color Institute, Leatrice Eiseman. Well then, what’s not to like?
Here’s what made it into our timely Radiant Orchid collage:
1. Luna Longline Bralette in Magenta by Fortnight Lingerie, $120
2. Gossip Girl Statement Earrings by Shay Lowe Jewellery , $99
3. Astrid Sette couch from Anthropologie, $2098
4. Jil Sander leather roll over clutch, $540
5. Jenni Kayne suede d’orsay flat, $450
6. Stay All Day Vinyl Lip gloss by Stila, $24
7. Timorous Beasties wallpaper in Colonnade Blotch
Next time you’re stumped for words at a cocktail party, throw this into the mix, “Did you know that 2014 is the year of radiant orchid??!!” Or don’t.