Hello…do you get excited about new films, series, art and books being released? Do you believe in using social media to drive transformative change? Are you engaged in ongoing conversations about equity, authentic storytelling, and diversity in arts and entertainment? Does street art light you up? How about data, does analyzing numbers turn you on? Is building relationships on social media your happy place? Maybe you are the person we’re looking for. Do read on.
We want to do cool new things with our existing social media platforms, and expand into TikTok and Clubhouse to grow our audience and programming in exciting new directions. We’re on a hunt for a creative individual who is passionate about the arts, understands the power of storytelling, and also has a solid grasp on how to use analytics to help drive strategy.
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, the Social Media Manager is a key member of the Shedoesthecity/Touchwood PR team and is responsible for developing, executing, and reporting on social media strategies (organic and paid) to sustain and grow SDTC readership.
Primary responsibilities will be divided across three core areas – strategy, community management, and reporting – and will include:
- Developing and implementing social media strategies and tactics to grow and nurture readership and engagement across platforms
- Creating and maintaining SDTC content calendar
- Creating authentic and compelling written and visual social/digital content
- Managing paid social ad campaigns
- Maintaining online brand reputation and building brand awareness
- Managing regular measurement and analysis of data
- Identifying partnerships and opportunities for growth
Who we are looking for:
- You are a social media whiz who understands how to engage and grow audiences across multiple platforms (ie. Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin, Clubhouse).
- You have a keen interest and understanding of the arts and culture sector in Canada.
- You like crunching numbers, tracking analytics and using data to drive strategy.
Additionally, you may have…
- A degree in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations and/or relevant experience in social media management and growth.
- Experience producing a wide range of compelling content, both written and visual (ie. articles, blog posts, gifs, videos).
- Excellent writing skills, with a solid knowledge of English grammar and the ability to create engaging content.
- A passion for mental health and wellness.
This is a full-time role; salary range is 55-60K with benefits. Touchwood PR is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10th, 2021 noting “Social Media Manager role” in the subject line.