I thought it might be fun to continue the pumpkin spice trend with a snack!
These bars are entirely gluten free and dairy free. Because I used gluten free flours (coconut and almond) there is also more protein than there would be in something baked with regular flour, so these will keep you full for longer!
You could get a little creative with these and add extra nuts, seeds or extra chocolate chips or cacao nibs. I made them with mini chocolate chips for some extra decadence!
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup gluten free quick cooking rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond meal/flour
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp allspice
- 0.25 tsp cloves
- ½ cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt the coconut oil, and whisk the eggs, coconut oil and pumpkin puree together.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together, except the chocolate chips
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients
- Lightly stir in the chocolate chips
- Press out into a 8×8 or 9×9 pan, lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 15 minutes
Mandy King is a Holistic Nutritionist and Gluten Free Guru who shares her expertise with She Does The City. For recipes and nutrition tips, visit her website, HEAL. Follow Mandy on Twitter@mandyking_HEAL. Like Healthy Eating and Living on Facebook here. You can also find Mandy on Pinterest and Instagram.