For me, bruschetta used to be a food of the past! Bruschetta made with gluten free bread just didn’t cut it. That is, until my friend Sarah made SWEET POTATO bruschetta for us at a Nutritionist Potluck! MIND.BLOWN.
Needless to say, it was delicious and I decided to do a festive take on it, especially since I found orange and yellow tomatoes in the grocery store this week! I think it was meant to be.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 medium tomatoes (I used orange and yellow ones)
- ¼ red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 leaves basil
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- drizzle of olive oil (About 1 tsp)
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar (About 1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice sweet potato into rounds
- Melt coconut oil and rub on the top of the sweet potato (I used a brush)
- Rub a clove of garlic on the sweet potato
- Roast the sweet potato in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping after 20.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes, onion and basil and mix in a bowl.
- Mix in the olive oil and balsamic into the bowl.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, place tomato mixture on top
- Note: You will want to do this right before serving so it doesn’t go soggy.
Mandy King is a Holistic Nutritionist and Gluten Free Guru who shares her expertise with She Does The City. For recipes and nutrition tips, visit her website, HEAL. Follow Mandy on Twitter@mandyking_HEAL. Like Healthy Eating and Living on Facebook here. You can also find Mandy on Pinterest and Instagram.