Excuse me, but have you seen the lineup of deliciousness happening at Taste of Toronto? All the best restaurants and local food producers are congregating on the fields of Fort York for four days of flavour (July 2-5) that will satisfy your senses and blow your mind.
Here are ten sumptuous reasons you really ought to go:
2. Love the slow-cooked ribs at Barque on Roncesvalles? Sign up for a BBQ lesson from Barque’s David Neinstein.
3. Meet Chatelaine’s food director Claire Tansey and recipe developer Louisa Clements and watch how they whip up the most delightful peach chutney.
4. Let Ted Corrado from The Drake Hotel tell you his ricotta gnocchi secrets.
5. Take a front row seat and have the charismatic Chef Lynn Crawford show you how to do family style entertaining. (We’re giving away tix! See bottom of post.)
6. New this year, Taste of Toronto has partnered with WayHome music fest so that you can kick back on the field and listen to great local music acts in between your fancy snacks.
7. Olive oil, jam, cheeses, beer, wine: what gets you excited most? So many local producers will be showing off and sampling their very best.
8. Richmond Station will be pairing oysters and Northern Divine caviar with terrific summer wines. (C’MON! Does it get any better?)
9. Franco Stalteri of Charlie’s Burgers, the coolest dining club this city has ever known, will be leading, sharing pairing tips and telling you how to start working on your own cellar.
10. Because your taste buds and tummy will thank you.
Get your tickets now! $19 for Thursday and Friday, $25 for Saturday and Sunday or $30 at the door.
For a chance to win 2 tickets and front row seats to Lynn Crawford’s Cooking Class, tweet “Dear @Shedoesthecity, I want to eat & drink my way through Fort York. Please send me to @TasteofToronto #nomnom”.