Assembly Toronto (198 Walnut Ave, Unit 8) is a new creative workshop space featuring talented local makers and entrepreneurs. They just announced their jam-packed fall workshop schedule, with which you need to get acquainted. Don’t miss your chance begin a new practice in one (or all of) the following:
- Tarot 101: A Beginner’s Class w/ Liz Worth – This class is focused on helping you learn to develop your intuition and trust yourself when using tarot. Whether you have just picked up your first deck or have been working with tarot on your own already, this workshop is designed to help you take the next step in your tarot journey.
- Textiles & Printing Techniques w/ Avril Loreti – Create your very own set of three custom hand-printed tea towels! You’ll learn various printing techniques, including stencilling, block printing, and free hand styles.
- Moccasin Making w/ Sole Survivor – You’ll be guided step-by-step through the process of creating your very own fully customized, functional leather moccasins.
- Jewellery Making: Metal Textures – In this two-hour workshop, you will learn different hammering and stamping techniques that will add character, texture and personalization to your metal pieces. You will create and take home two necklaces.
- Garden-Style Floral Arranging – The Bourbon Rose will guide you through all the basics of floral arranging and you’ll create your own one-of-a-kind, garden-inspired arrangement of seasonal blooms in an elegant vintage vase.