by Taylor Berry
I have a select few moves that I use to make guys think that I’m cool: showing them my DVD of the Vice Guide to Travel, doing whiskey shots, and making them homemade pizza. My mum has a tradition of making homemade pizza every Friday night, and it’s cheap, easy and relatively quick if you make the dough in advance. An impressive meal when you’re having boys or girls over!
Proof the yeast by putting it in a big bowl and pouring 1/3 cup of hot tap water over it. It should take about 10 minutes for it to get foamy and that means it’s ready.
2. Add the other 1/3 cup of water, 2 cups flour, and olive oil, salt, sugar. Stir until it’s doughy.
3. Knead the dough for about five minutes on a floured surface, add the extra ¼ cup of flour while kneading.
4. Pour a little olive oil into a big bowl and roll your dough over it so it’s coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for an hour.
5. PRESTO! You have pizza dough! Punch it to deflate it because that’s fun. Roll it out into big pizzas to share, or personal pizzas that friends can make themselves. I recommend coating the dough with a little olive oil around the crust area.
6. Dress your pizza as you see fit.
7. Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and bake your pizza till it is golden brown and you are salivating.