This week, starting Thursday, January 9 and continuing every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night in January, Suitcase In Point theatre is bringing the spirit of rock and/or roll to Parkdale’s FIXT POINT Studio with The Keith Richards One Woman Show. After a raucous tour of bars across Ontario and a standing ovation from a rowdy crowd at the El Mocambo, Deanna Jones and Lisa Marie DiLiberto have worked over the show for a longer run in a theatre space.
To get you in the mood for this fun new production, Shedoesthecity has compiled a list of the best things (the seemingly immortal) Richards has ever said from underneath a cheeky grin and a smudge of black eyeliner, taken mostly from his autobiography, Life, by Keith Richards:
5. “Everyone talks about rock these days. The problem is, they forget about the roll.
4. “It’s great to be here. It’s great to be anywhere.”
3. “I mean, some doctor told me I had six months to live and I went to their funeral.”
2. “I’m Sagittarius, half-man, half-horse, with a license to shit in the street.”
1. “You can’t accuse me of anything I haven’t already confessed to.”
Want to see one woman’s interpretation of a Sagitarrian centaur licensed to “shit in the street”?? We thought so.
The Keith Richards One Woman Show starts at 8pm and runs Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays in January FIXT POINT’s Studio (1550 Queen St. West). Seating is limited. Tickets can be purchased here.