We love that this is happening. We have always admired how Tracy Moore conducts interviews, and the fact that these conversations about race and inequality are happening on Cityline also means that these urgent topics will get a larger, and more mainstream audience—normalizing subjects that many Canadians still view as tough, taboo or uncomfortable.
“We’ve been looking for a format that would support open and honest learning sessions on race in Canada for awhile. We’ve found it with LIVE: #CitylineReal on Race,” says Moore. “I can’t wait to explore the incredible history of Black Canadians, the legacies we need to second guess, and the institutions that need to be reimagined. If you’re looking for an honest discussion on race in Canada, you’ll find it in this series.”
Each week, Tracy Moore will sit down with different guests with the goal of bringing about impactful change. From June 23 to July 21, new 30-45 minute episodes of #LIVE:Cityline Real on Race will air live every Tuesday afternoon exclusively on Cityline’s YouTube channel.
- Tuesday, June 23 – Episode 1 | The History of Anti-Black Racism in Canada
- Guest Panelists: Dr. Joseph Smith, Afua Cooper and Cicely Belle Blain
- Tuesday, June 30 – Episode 2 | Activism – What Can Canadians Do Now?
- Tuesday, July 7 – Episode 3 | White Privilege and Fragility – What is Performative Allyship?
- Tuesday, July 14 – Episode 4 | Microagression – The Do’s and Don’ts
- Tuesday, July 21 – Episode 5 | Black Trans Lives Matter & Black Women Lives Matter – Listening to All Black Voices
Moore is an inspiration to many, a leader for change, and her energy pops off the screen; #CitylineReal on Race is sure to get Canadians thinking in new directions, reflecting on their own experiences, while also examining their own personal biases.
The live limited digital series, LIVE: #CitylineReal on Race, premiering tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET / Noon PT (Tell your parents to tune in!)