Cineplex Events has started welcoming back audiences to experience both films as well as their popular Stage Series. To celebrate, we want to send you to experience Fleabag, written by and starring Golden Globe winner Phoebe Waller-Bridge, as captured live from London’s National Theatre.
The phenomenal BBC hit is arguably the best comedic series of the past decade, and was inspired by her one-woman play. For Fleabag fans, it’s a definite must-see, praised by The Guardian as “Witty, filthy, and supreme.” For those who’ve never seen the show, get ready for something unlike anything you’ve ever seen.
We want you to experience it for a few reasons:
- Laughter is what we all need more of right now, and shockingly filthy humour is our favourite.
- The arts has been decimated by COVID and this is a very safe, fun, and enjoyable way to support theatres as they reopen across Canada.
- IT’S BEEN HALF A YEAR SINCE YOU’VE LIKELY SEEN SOMETHING ON THE BIG SCREEN! Put on some jeans, leave your home, and be wowed.
ENTER TO WIN TIX TO FLEABAG, LIVE FROM THE NATIONAL THEATRE IN LONDON
Tweet: “Yes @Shedoesthecity, I am missing the big screen and would LOVE to win tickets to safely experience #Fleabag, Live from @NationalTheatre in London at @CineplexEvents!”
LIKE + COMMENT our Fleabag posts on Instagram and Facebook.
We’re giving away a few pairs for performances happening Thursday, September 17, 2020 and Monday, September 21, 2020. Winners will be notified on Tuesday, Sept 15, and can choose from any of the following theatres:
Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas and VIP – Toronto
Galaxy Cinemas Barrie
Cineplex Odeon Eglinton Town Centre Cinemas – Scarborough
Cineplex Odeon Ajax Cinemas
Galaxy Cinemas Peterborough
Galaxy Cinemas Guelph
Understanding that it’s been awhile since most have attended the theatre, we get that you might be a little nervous. But Cineplex wants audiences to know that their top priority is to ensure guests have a safe and enjoyable visit. Here are some of the precautions they have put in place:
- Guests are advised to arrive no more than 15 min before showtime, and anyone who arrives earlier may be asked to wait outside
- Seating chart will reflect the physical distancing regulations
- All guests are encouraged to wear a mask, if you don’t have one, there are some available at theatre free of charge
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at concession stands
- Hand sanitizer stations available throughout theatre
- Touch points are wiped down every 30 minutes or less, and seats are cleaned before each showing
- Signage and decals on floor are posted throughout theatre to help guests with physical distancing
- Sit in reserved seat
- Exit one row at a time
We’ll take any extra perks, especially free butter topping. Honestly, we can’t wait to sit back in a cushy theatre seat and eat popcorn for dinner, and enjoy Fleabag with others.